Steve Perera became a Chartered Financial Planner on 2 July 2007.
To qualify for Chartered status you must satisfy the following criteria:
- hold a professional level qualification: Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning (equivalent to first degree level)
- Have five years’ relevant industry experience (not necessarily post-qualification)
- Be a member of the Personal Finance Society
- Adhere to the Personal Finance Society’s Code of Ethics
- Be able to demonstrate that your continuing professional development is up-to-date and that you are commited to an ongoing programme of continuing professional development.